HP ENVY x360 - 15-u493cl SSD Upgrade

Dec 17, 2018
Hello,

Model: HP ENVY X360 - 15-U493cl
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)
Product # N5S77UA#ABA

I want to upgrade my current hard disk to a SSD. I tried to look at the HP website for manuals for the supporting SSD's or slots, but i am unable to find manual which shows the details of the slots available etc.

I want to know whether this particular model of X360 supports NVMe M.2 or not? OR Does this model supports normal 2.5" SSD? which type of SSD is recommended for this laptop. My usage habit is for home purpose with no gaming, only work related softwares.

Am planning to buy this SSD model : Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB 960 EVO Series NVMe M.2

Appreciate your help.

~ST

Dec 17, 2018

Thank You. So i went and checked Crucial website and it shows no support for M.2.

BUT, i checked in another website for this model and below is what it says:

https://www.drivesolutions.com/cgi/shop/ug2store.cgi?command=listitems&kind=hpl&pos=0&type=itemid&itemid=hpl2655

Drive Notes: This Machine Supports M.2 NGFF (2280) Solid State Drives in Replace of 2.5 Inch Drives with Daughter Board Hardware Kit 777653-001

Now am confused whether it actually supports or not. Even if i go with 2.5" SSD, whats the best one? Samsung or Crucial? any particular specification i need to check for better performance.?

Your help is much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS