Hp g6 reset cmos but cant see screen after power on

Jan 3, 2019
I have a hp pavilion g6 with a busted screen. I can see a little of the right top corner. When I would turn it on it would prompt me for a power on password that I set a couple years ago, I forgot it at first, but then I remembered it. It started booting to a black screen a d doing caps lock led light 2 times/cycle which is corrupt bios. so I took out and put back in the cmos battery. Now it's not asking me for the password and is booting to a white screen. I cant use external monitor until windows loads. So I have no clue what the screen needs me to do next. Can anyone help with pictures or step by step button press from here to get windows to load so my external monitor can kick on?

"I cant use external monitor until windows loads."

I think you'll find that if you remove the keyboard, disconnect the ribbon cable going to the laptop's screen, reinstall the keyboard, connect external monitor, boot the laptop ... the external screen will work.

Jan 3, 2019
Where would I find the reference? My external monitor is my tv. Does that make a difference. Uve already taken the back off keyboard out looking for the cmos chip, but I cant solder so I left it and just did the battery.

Jan 3, 2019
Yay!! I have taken the screen ribbon off and it does show on my tv. However now it says "an operating system wasnt found. Try disconnecting any drive that dont contain an operating system". Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Jan 3, 2019
I opened up the screen and disconnected the screen ribbon so I can see the screen on external now. However the issue now is its saying operating system wasnt found. I did the tests and they all passed so I'm trying to get discs to reinstall windows 7 and see if that works? I was trying to use rufus to make a usb bootable, but now I'm not sure if I can use a bootable usb because I read somewhere about if it said something about creation media or something and I cant see inside my windows to know which I have so I was just going to get discs to download on to.

One of the laptops I maintain is that exact model (it's been modified considerably but it started out as that laptop) so I've just been been looking at it. Turns out the bios is quite primitive ... the hard drive will not be listed so forget I mentioned that.

"Yay!! I have taken the screen ribbon off and it does show on my tv. However now it says "an operating system wasnt found. Try disconnecting any drive that dont contain an operating system". Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart "

You have nothing connected to the usb ports and ... there is no disk in the dvd drive .... Correct?