Question HP Gaming Pavilion laptop suddenly fails to boot ?

Jan 25, 2022
Hello! :D

I bought a HP Gaming Pavilion 17-cd0011nf laptop (specs) two and a half years ago, and since more than a week it fails to boot. I'm running out of ideas to solve this problem, so I'm posting this message in the hope that someone might have an idea of the problem I'm having. First of all, I'll recap the problem, as well as what I've done to try to solve it.

My computer suddenly fails to boot. Nothing special has been done recently, no updates of any kind. Here is what happens when I start it:

1. The startup starts as usual, but after a second, there is a short beep (that comes from the HDD) and the startup stops, as if suddenly cut. The power light is on, but nothing else.
  2. After 2-3 seconds, the computer restarts the boot, again cut off by a short beep.
  3. A few seconds later, the fans and the hard disk start spinning. But nothing happens, the computer stays in this state.
Also, I'm unable to access the BIOS or to boot on an external usb key.

I immediately thought that a component was badly connected, so I decided to open the computer:
  • I removed the battery. The computer said that the CMOS configuration was reset and booted normally. But then the problem happened again.
  • I have disconnected and reconnected all accessible components (HDD, SSD, RAM and battery).
  • I tried to boot with one disk, and with no disk. No error message, it does not change anything.
  • I changed the RAM with another one. Nothing changed.
  • I discharged the capacitors on the motherboard.
During my repair attempts, the computer booted twice. The first time normally, and the second time by showing me that no OS was available (even though the disks were connected). I took the opportunity to do a system diagnostic from the manufacturer's tool, no problem detected.

I've been trying for over a week now to fix this problem, and I'm out of ideas. It would be very annoying to have to change my computer when this one is not even 3 years old.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer me! Do not hesitate to ask me for more details if necessary. (y)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS