HP Gets Back Into PC Gaming With OMEN Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merry_Blind

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
Regarding the article lol, this is one sleek laptop! Also, personally, I'm glad to see they ommited the NumPad!

Anyone knows if those speakers are good or if it's just marketing gimick? Laptop' speakers always suck. Would be really great if this one has great speakers because of that Beats By Dr.Dre thing.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
This sounds good at first until you realize that 15.6" screen...... even considering it is a touchscreen, 15.6" screen on a 1.5K computer = dealbreaker. It should be at least a 17" non-touch screen.
Yes, I know.... size over screen size (they would have to widen the computer to accommodate a bigger screen) but it is still something that I really like to have. You do not realize how much better a 17" screen is compared to a 15.6" screen until you do not have access to one anymore or put two of the same resolution screens side by side.

Zeroplanetz

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
I really like the full name spelled out on this. Now bring this with a new 970m or 980m and a higher screen res and I might actually look at this when I'm ready. Again the name just looks nice to me. Better than the usual HP.

Unizzy

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014
HP can't even get their Envy line right... horrible quality control and even worst customer support... I own the Envy 15 3XXX, what a horrible experience it was... no, just no...

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
This seems like it'll be a pretty nice little rig. And the option to go up to 16 gigs is definitely nice. Not that I have the luxury of owning a Razer Blade laptop but it is the one thing I wish they would change on it by going up to 16 gigs RAM.

frank the tank

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
I'm wondering if the blued trim below the monster is from the heat output of this thing. The last hp I had was equipped with a sandy bridge i7 and it couldn't even use it to its full potential because it got so hot. Also they locked down the driver for the AMD 6770m as well.

Good to know they are bringing back voodoo PC but I hope they learned their lesson with heat output, locked drivers and bad build quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS