HP Goes Big, Wide, And Curved With Omen X Gaming Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Very very close to what i deem a perfect monitor; cost is extremely high and wish it was faster.

Perfect monitor would be a 35" 21:9, 1440p, 140Hz, g-sync, and under $1000. Tom's, please review this monitor when it comes out!

SteveRNG

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2015
"this means the distances from someone’s eyes to any point of the monitor will be equal if they are positioned correctly. "

Who sits almost six feet from their computer monitor? I realize that 35" is closer to a TV in size. But my question still stands, especially since it has "height adjustment". Because we all like our TV's to have 5 inches of height adjustment.

wbingham

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Great...finally some competition for the X34 and ROG Swift......

Oh wait...same specs (1" larger for worse ppi) with a VA panel instead of IPS for the same overpriced $1200.

Oh well....maybe finally the first vendor other than ASUS and ACER to put out a 34" 21:9 ratio, gsync monitor, at 100+ HZ in over a year does show some signs that competition is starting to pop up and hopefully drive these prices down. But for now, its the same story 1 year later.

scarecrow2311

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Having played Battlefield 1 on this monitor ( only for about 5 min ) this is a great looking display, but ya i'd wait till the price drops a bit to below $1k

I think if you ever see one of these monitors up close you will realise that although they are 35", there is probably less vertical real estate than a 27" 16x9 monitor. They don't appear that big when you see them because they aren't very tall. I think adding height adjustment is still a good option, especially when your paying so much.

szalkerous

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I've read elsewhere that this panel (with the latest VA tech) can meet or beat most IPS competitors. So the panel doesn't bother me. 100Hz is fine. What it lacks for me is HDR. All of the CES HDR examples were 4K, and I happen to already belong to the 21:9 religion. I personally don't believe there is any better gaming ratio in a single monitor. But my LG 34UC95 is showing it's age, and at a locked 60Hz set next to a G-Sync monitor it is painful (and wasting the output potential of my Titan X). GSync HDR looks fantastic, but do I have the patience to wait for a 35"+ 21:9 G-Sync-HDR monitor to be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.