HP, Intel And Yahoo Build A Cloud Computing Playground

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Oh Great! Now they want all my data and everything I do out there where people like George Bush and the NSA can get it without breaking into my house. No thanks.

As Hilarion_53 said.

Also what about locations were there is no internet connection? Plus if a company sued for access to the entire database "to supposedly look for pirated material" like Viacom with Youtube. I'll stop using computers if this eventually becomes the only choice or just use a legacy computer for files and a handheld for e-mail and web surfing.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Yahoo!, Intel, and HP... notice how that's the 3 steps of the process? Intel builds the components, HP builds the computer, and Yahoo! could provide the cloud services which the computer is tailored to access. This is a powerful partnership.

kman7607

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
The internet would become way too personal if this trend were to mature. I like what little privacy I have.

G

Oh Great! All your computing and data out in the "cloud" (read that the "wild") for George W. and his buddies at the NSA to grab without even having to break into your house to get it. No Thanks.

G

And what about "That service or data is not authorized for your use!" messages if they decide to censor it further then it already is censored. You will no longer have what little control of your data that you currently have. They (the cloud) will control it all including your access to it. And if you miss a payment... I can hear it now.. "Your data is now ours until you pay for further access to YOUR data...." Talk about blackmail.

CompNet

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
When you start to take information from people, charge them to store their information, and when they cannot get to their information that they would normally have access to on their own desktops or laptops, you will probably have a larger number of upset users. Also, if traditional home internet connections are used, and we all know how reliable they can be, how bad will this affect access to information?

Status
Not open for further replies.