HP Intros $299 AMD-based Windows 8 Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Code:

I disagree. Some of us very much miss the 10" form factor and their keyboards. I am glad for the return of the netbook, now with a touch screen. Wish it had a little more ram, but so long as I can swap the drive for an SSD I am very happy with this development.

dgingeri

Distinguished
If they would have made it like my XPS10, where the screen can detach and become a tablet and have an extra battery in the base, then I'd probably have bought it. As it is, no. It's not worth it.

For $300 one can do much better than this on the second hand market, landed an Alienware m11x for only $200 and even then an old school core 2 era scraptop can cream this HP junk. Was buying up old Latitude D620/630 for only $20 a pop then sold for a nice profit.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I still don't get it, why do you need a touch screen on a notebook/netbook? Unless otherwise this is a tablet that could be docked on a keyboard with synaptics, or it is a convertible from notebook/netbook to tablet.. :D :D :D

Nintendo Maniac 64

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
CPU performance-wise, a dual-core Jaguar at 1GHz isn't really any better than the old E-350...

Well, at least the GPU is better and the power consumption is less.

Status
Not open for further replies.