Feb 25, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My HP laptop wont turn on. It has been more than 2 months since I used this laptop. I have connected the laptop to the power source using the adapter and charged it for about 30 mins and then tried turning it on the LED in the caps lock and F12 key goes on and off but the laptop wont boot. I have also tried the hard reset which is mentioned in the HP support website but no luck.

Please help!!

Processor - Intel (Not sure about the version/ GHZ)
Ram - 8 GB
HDD - 500 GB
Display - Basic Display Adapter

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what that hard reset was, if system does not turn on, unplug battery, remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard, hold in power button for 20-30 seconds. Plug in wall power only and see if it turns on. If not, remove the RAM and hard drive, see if it turns on. If not, chances are likely the motherboard is bad.

Reactions: ramgopal1988
Feb 25, 2019
Not sure what that hard reset was, if system does not turn on, unplug battery, remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard, hold in power button for 20-30 seconds. Plug in wall power only and see if it turns on. If not, remove the RAM and hard drive, see if it turns on. If not, chances are likely the motherboard is bad.
I have tried the same thing but it doesn't help!