Question HP laptop blurry screen (like tv blurry) on boot

Mar 3, 2020
I recently decided to change my HDD to an SSD (Samsung evo 860 500GB) and in preperation for this I reset my PC. However i received a message "windows cannot reset this pc, no changes have been made". I turned off the pc as there was no other options to press anything and then it wouldnt boot. Getting three white dots in top left corner and then it keeps on rebooting.

Once the SSD arrived i decided just to boot windows on with a USB. Once in the windows boot manager evrything is fine until is restarts to continue the installation. Then one of two things happen
  1. I receive a screen that looks like an old tv trying to look for a signal.
  2. I receive a message saying "selected boot image did not authenticate"
Any ideas on what to do?
I have tried stuff in the bios such as changing the boot to legacy etc but to no avail.

Putting back in my HDD that i removed i can boot into windows recovery using f9 however i still receive the same message windows cannot reset this pc.

My system laptop is a HP Notebook - 15 - ay023na

Windows 10
8GB of ram
Intel Pentium n3710 with integrated graphics.
500Gb SSD (previously a 2tb seagate hdd)

Thanks in advance!

Mar 3, 2020
Hi there, thanks! Im currently at work now but I will be home to check in the next hour or so. I think I'm on an older BIOS so I'll update it when i get home. Yes, i used windows media creation tool to create bootable installer. Do you think it could be a BIOS issue?