[SOLVED] HP Laptop Hard Drive Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackey Force

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Hi guys, I have a HP laptop bought on January 2019 and it seems to be the hard drive on the laptop is dead as it stopped booting from the HDD, then I removed the HDD from the laptop and tried plugging it in on my desktop and unfortunately I wasn't detected there too! At that moment I was confirmed that the HDD is dead. As for now I have installed the OS on an External HDD, its kinda slow but at least I can use the laptop. My main problem is that the data that were on the hard drive is very crucial and I don't want to lose it. Please help me on how to recover the data from it. Does calling to HP Technical support will solve this problem? My Laptop is HP dy0004AU

Solution
HP will only replace the drive, assuming the warranty is still in effect. They will do nothing about the data. As to the data, why, if this is so important, did you not have backups? Professional recovery is now your only hope, and even that is not guaranteed to recover 100% of your data. Be prepared to pay dearly for the service.

USAFRet

Titan
The time to ensure "crucial data" is not lost is before the drive dies.
Local backups, cloud backups, a copy stashed at a friends house.....

A drive that cannot be seen or read by the OS would require some outside assistance, from a data recovery service. $$$.

Jackey Force

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
The time to ensure "crucial data" is not lost is before the drive dies.
Local backups, cloud backups, a copy stashed at a friends house.....

A drive that cannot be seen or read by the OS would require some outside assistance, from a data recovery service. $$$.
So it seems to be I have to contact with a data recovery service and hp support can’t help?

HP will only replace the drive, assuming the warranty is still in effect. They will do nothing about the data. As to the data, why, if this is so important, did you not have backups? Professional recovery is now your only hope, and even that is not guaranteed to recover 100% of your data. Be prepared to pay dearly for the service.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS