HP Laptop: Installing Upgraded Windows 10 and how To backup Their Format Utility?

preguntonontrack

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
I researched some HP laptops without dvd drive. I know how to install a Windows 10 Pro license i have on them using usb but... I was wondering how i can backup the restore/format utility it comes included with the windows 10 home these laptops have in case i want to turn it into HP Factory state. In other words if i format the computer and install my windows 10 pro, before doing that can i backup their formatting utility?

Solution
older laptops would have a utility that would allow you to burn the recovery media to copy to a disk or USB drive. i i found when i bought my lenovo laptop that originally came with windows 8 wanted me to use the windows backup option that's in settings to create a backup of the restore media.

besides those 2 possibilities you can always clone or image your HDD that will give you the options to back up the entire disk but some imaging programs will allow you to just make a backup of the recovery partition
older laptops would have a utility that would allow you to burn the recovery media to copy to a disk or USB drive. i i found when i bought my lenovo laptop that originally came with windows 8 wanted me to use the windows backup option that's in settings to create a backup of the restore media.

besides those 2 possibilities you can always clone or image your HDD that will give you the options to back up the entire disk but some imaging programs will allow you to just make a backup of the recovery partition

Solution

TRENDING THREADS