HP laptop recovery problem

abagarwal

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
Hell everyone
I have HP laptop pavilion G6 with original windows 8. I was resetting my notebook and it was working very slow (it took 3 hours and completed only 46%), so i forced it to shut down. But when i started again it says "boot device not found".

What should I do now?

I called HP for recovery software and they said it will cost $15.

Is there any other option available or I have to pay them? Can I ask microsoft to provide me the key? I have windows product ID.

Please help.

Solution
Seems like, your computer is not able to find the boot mgr file. so you need to insert the windows recovery disk and run it. this will start working fine.

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
No that Hp is oem windows and microsoft will refuse, they will say to go to hp, $15 is better than a whole new windows copy and comes with the advantage that it's image will install not just windows but all the laptop drivers/utilities/apps all in one go. Also you could use it again and again. those images setup lots, so it will take some hours

Seomon

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
Seems like, your computer is not able to find the boot mgr file. so you need to insert the windows recovery disk and run it. this will start working fine.

Solution