Question HP laptop won't boot into Windows.

LifelessNerd

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017
Recently I bought a new HP gaming laptop. The HP pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0830nd with a GTX 1050Ti, Intel Core i7-8750H and 16GB of RAM.

So this afternoon I was playing modded Minecraft when suddenly I got a BSOD. The stop code was an unexpected store exception. I've had this error before, on other systems. The diagnosing begun, but froze on 5%, and after 5 minutes I forced shutdown the laptop (bad idea, I hate myself). After booting the laptop back up, I got a black screen for around 1,5 minutes. Then I saw some kind of command line. It was the UEFI Interactive Shell. There was already some text in it:

&Mapping table,
BLKO: Aliases:
PciRoot(a bunch of numbers*)
BLK1: Aliases:
PciRoot(a bunch of other numbers*)
BLK2: Aliases:
PciRoot(a bunch of other numbers*)
Press ESC in 5 seconds to skip startup.nsh or any other key to continue.
&

I had never seen this before and googled. I found out that I needed to type "quit". So I did. (Pressing ESC did nothing, pressing another key, space for instance, made me type in the command line under)
Another black screen for around a minute. (this time it looks like if I'm in a command line aswell because of a typing cursor in the top, but I can't actually type)
A boot manager shows up with two options. Internal EFI Shell and Boot From EFI File. pressing enter on the first one, it puts me into the Interactive shell again. I type exit again and get put back into the boot manager instantly. The second option, after a black screen for a minute, gives me a file explorer without any files. I can provide photos if anyone would like me to.

At this point, I'm in a loop.
I decide to reset my BIOS settings, no effect. I try to recover my PC with F11. There's a lot of options here and none of them really work.
In here (this time in Windows layout), after choosing my keyboard layout, and troubleshoot, I can do 2 things. Go into the HP recovery manager, or the Advanced Options (I think by Windows).
The first option gives me more options (this time in a HP layout). A system recovery, which gives me the following error message:
HP Recovery Manager failed. Error code = 0xEFFFFF23. A computer checkup, which gives me 3 more options with 1 grayed out. The 2 other (the available ones) are "Launch check disk for the recovery partition", which swiftly opens a windows command prompt, and closes after half a second. I see multiple lines to text, but it closes too fast to see anything. I captured it and slowed it down.
Here's a picture.

The second option is to open a command prompt. I have no idea what to do here.

Going back to the HP recovery manager, I can backup files (Idk if this works, only my secondary disk shows up), or show contact info for HP customer support, which I am contacting aswell.

Going back to the Recovery screen of windows, I click Advanced options.
6 things I can choose:
- Start-Up repair. "Start-Up Repair couldn't repair your PC" The log file located on the same screen is blank.
  • Command Prompt, no idea what to do here.
  • Uninstall Updates, "We ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest quality/feature update of Windows."
  • UEFI Firmware Settings, which puts my into the BIOS.
  • System Restore, "To use System Restore. you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system and then select System Restore."
Where do have this option???
- System Image Recover, "An internal error occured. The following information might help you resolve the error:
STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)"

Thats the end of the list.
My next plan is to change the boot priority in the BIOs and get Windows on an USB drive. I don't have an USB drive right now, so maybe I get get some answers first :D
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I bought the laptop with a warranty, so if the NVME SSD just broke I could get a new laptop/fix.

* I can post these numbers if necessary.

Thanks in advance.