HP LaserJet 1200 disappeared from computer after Windows 10 updated

Syed Najabat Kamal

Honorable
Jun 29, 2014
Last night I updated my Windows 10 ver 1703 to ver 1709. After that, It disappeared my printer driver from computer and I have tried much to install driver and get it back but all in vain. But in 1703 version, the driver installed but printer gives printing error. So I decided to install new updates it may solve the problem. But in new version it is not even showing my printer in device manager after installing its driver which is Dot4x64.msi. I have also tried Hp universal driver PCL 6. Nothing. Need help.

One possibility is to use system restore to reset back to a date when all was well.
Windows occasionally updates a driver that is not good.
You can tell windows 10 to never update a device driver. That is a good thing.

To get back to working, go to the HP web site and download the drivers for your printer.
It might be best to uninstall the printer and start the printer installation procedure from HP as though you were installing a new printer.

FWIW, HP also installs monitoring and tracking software that you might want to uninstall.

Syed Najabat Kamal

Honorable
Jun 29, 2014
When I connect printer on Windows 7 or 8, it automatically detects the new hardware and installs the driver from windows update. But Win 10 never do this for me. I tried many drivers from HP site but all in vain.