HP Launches Three New Tegra 4 Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Not sure I would pay more than $130 for any Android tablet without at least 2gb RAM... Now for less than $130, 1gb RAM is acceptable, but not when you can get a 2nd gen Nexus for around $170...

RupertJr

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
well the answer is simple, nvidia has tons of tegra 4 chips unsold and needs to get them out of their hands in one way or other

Two years ago HP all but directly said they were getting out of the tablet business (they had a massive Touchpad dump sale around the Black Friday Holiday and they sold out in no time..anyone remember that?). I knew they'd be back - the market was not a fad as they calculated, but instead a transitional technology.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
er... no. The problem had to do with a half-baked, but well designed mobleOS that had to compete against iOS and Android... and worse, their iPad-1 designed-like tablet costs just as much as the iPad2, but without the features and a horrible cheap plastic back.

HP, like other OEMs are proving again... Windows is... dying... :)

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
And my Note 3 has triple the RAM. I'd only get this to diddle around with Tegra 4 some. At least the 8" should have had 2gb ffs.

InvalidError

Titan

IMO, all tablets and phones over $200 launched after mid-2013 should have had 2GB: the sooner it becomes the norm, the sooner Android will be able to step up one more notch on general usability.

Only 1GB RAM on a $300+ tablet whose specs are otherwise a rough match for the $230 N7-2013 is almost insulting.

InvalidError

Titan

And their 8Pro model is probably going to make them wish they stayed out of it a little longer to think about it... aside from Apple, who else released a new 8" tablet costing over $300 with only 1GB RAM and called it a "Pro" or other form of premium model in 2013?

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Yeah, and what's the deal with not supporting SDXC?

BTW unrelated, it was good to see while showrooming at BB that the Samsung Tabs do support moving Apps to SD.

did it move both the apk and data to SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.