HP, Lite-On, Blockbuster Join Forces for Affordable HTPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
This may also indicate that HP is gearing up for a stand-alone Blu-ray player with built-in Blockbuster Video access.

I find this most likely, yet it's only mentioned in one sentence in the closing paragraph. We have BluRay players and TVs that connect to Netflix. Why not players that connect to Blockbuster. HP does make more than just PCs and Printers you know. They also make calculators, and, um... yeah.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Blockbuster is a second banana to Netflix anyway, they've been playing catchup ever since their greedy business model was torn up by Netflix and Redbox's superior distribution.
The main thing that has pulled people into retail HTPCs is the hardware they couldn't find anywhere else, like cableCARD and speaker outputs (REAL speaker outputs, not RCA "computer" hookups). Unless Blockbuster's going to be doing something that isn't already being done elsewhere, they're going to need a better hook.

Azriel4444

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Only thing in this article that actually interests me is the massive volume of Blu-ray drives ordered. Dvd needs to die and Blu-ray come down in price. Actually all Lo-def formats need to die.

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Seriously I don't like hp products I got lots hp products that fails and their support group were terrible. Well Lite-on products were good but blockbuster - I thought their gone!

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
HP: Stay to making shitty desktops and the worlds worst notebooks
Lite-On: Don't spoil your reputation by being affiliated with HP
Blockbuster: .....Just sell some fucking DVDs or something

Status
Not open for further replies.