HP Looking For ‘Slice’ Of The Modular Market With New Elite-Branded SFF PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
The problems I see with these custom, modular efforts are inflated prices and limited selection. If I use anything smaller than mini-ITX, it'll be something I have no intention of expanding (beyond what I can add via USB).

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Assuming the dimensions are for the base unit without any of the accessories, it's not really that much smaller than mini-iTX. Still, it does look like it would be a good tool for managing audio/video/presentation communication in a conference room. My company currently uses some significantly larger HP Elite desktop SFF PCs that are tucked behind the monitors for managing remote presentations plus Cisco teleconferencing systems in the same room. Both could be replaced with one of these.

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014

Yeah, it doesn't seem like an optimal solution for an individual user. I can, however, see something like this being beneficial in a corporate environment. All your deployments could be more or less identical, with each instance getting the additional functionality required with a simple plug-and-play module or two. The increased cost could be offset long term by ease of maintenance and configuration.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
This has little appeal to me. I would rather use an AMD APU for better graphics (nothing crazy). My AMD A10 runs in 1080 w/ pretty good settings and I don't have to rely on intel's 700mb display driver and then laugh at Intel's crappy graphics performance. All you Intel followers (just as bad as Apple followers) are going to ruin the PC industry by following the leader, right off a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.