HP Media Center m8067c drivers - Windwos 7

mykrobinson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Hello,
Need some assistance getting proper audio drivers for an HP Media Center m8067c desktop. It originally had Vista Ultimate. I clean installed W7 home premium 64-bit today, and no yellow marks are showing in the device manager, but I have no sound. I tried the Vista 64-bit realtek audio drivers from the HP website, but to no avail. All that is showing in the device manager for sound is 4 entries that say NVIDIA High Definition Audio.

THe motherboard appears to be an asus P5BW-LA, but that model doesnt show on Asus' website.

Help?

Thanks,
-myk

mykrobinson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I went to PLayback Devices, and it says No Audio Devices Are Installed. I'm am actually trying to help a friend over a remote session. It's installing SP1 at the moment. I will have him check BIOS after the service pack install and verifiy in the BIOS that onboard audio is enabled.

mykrobinson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
After your comments, I'm thinking the Nvidia is probably the HDMI port on the video card i installed for him earlier today. I never tested the sound when I had it, just did a quick inspection in the device manager to make sure there were no devices marked.

mykrobinson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
That's what I was hoping was that the service pack install would pick up something. Is there a way to subscribe to these threads so I get a notification if there is a response to the desired thread?

mykrobinson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Awesome, thanks. Will post back after the updates, hopefully with some progress. I advised him to just reboot normally after the updates. If still no sound, then reboot and check the BIOS.

mykrobinson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
He turned onboard audio from Auto to Enabled and rebooted after the service pack update, still no sound. Remoting in now to take a peek. Worst case scenario, I have an extra sound card I can install. Just don't like being defeated.

mykrobinson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Ummmm... He just texted me and said "I now have sound.."
Lemme see if I can find out what happened. The last thing I did before disconnecting was run the add hardware wizard...