HP mini mod help? (1.8" HDD wipe, linux instalation, etc.)

new2mods

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hello,

Backstory:
After lending it to a family member (bad mistake I won't repeat) my HP Mini 1000 has an issue. Immediately after booting, the icons on my desktop blink and don't allow proper use, even in safe mode. I was able to open task manager and saw that there was a process that was bouncing around. I ended it and the blinking stopped, but seconds after it started up again. So I figured why not just install Linux on the 32 GB 1.8" drive from my ipod and use that.

The Question:
How can I make my 32 GB iPod hard drive bootable for my HP mini 1000 and run Linux on it? Is it worth it? (p.s. I checked and the hard drive connects perfectly where the SSD was in the HP Mini.)

Solution
Yes it is even possible to boot linux from an ipad. tons of guides and videos on google on how to do this.

If you just want to plug in the hard drive, then feel free to simply boot your favorite distro and install it.

is it worth it? thats sort of up to you to answer...
Yes it is even possible to boot linux from an ipad. tons of guides and videos on google on how to do this.

If you just want to plug in the hard drive, then feel free to simply boot your favorite distro and install it.

is it worth it? thats sort of up to you to answer...

Solution