HP monitor brightness problem

krysti98

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
So my brother has ( HP w1907v) and one day the display just went black.
So I thought that the monitor just died but i noticed that the LED is still on the shows that the signal is still going to the monitor so i used a torch to see if its still on and ! It was just the brightness was down to the minimum level. The monitor works for about 20 minutes after about 2 hours of rest.
1. At first i thought maybe something is overheating?
2. Maybe GPU is gone? No, tested on 2 pc's same thing.
3. Changed ambient light in services to disabled and the thing still turns off
4. ??? i have no idea what to do, i guess ill have to buy a new monitor. While i was writing this the monitors brightness went down twice. correct 3 times.

Please help
kind regards
krystian..... 4 times...

Solution
There is likely a fault on the PC board inside the unit. It's doubtful you can correct it yourself. If it was simply a windows setting or a setting on the monitor menu, it would revert to full brightness as soon as there was any activity. Since it does the same thing connected to other machines it's clearly not related to the OS.

It might be repairable by an electronics repair facility, but the price of parts and labor almost always make it not worth the effort.
There is likely a fault on the PC board inside the unit. It's doubtful you can correct it yourself. If it was simply a windows setting or a setting on the monitor menu, it would revert to full brightness as soon as there was any activity. Since it does the same thing connected to other machines it's clearly not related to the OS.

It might be repairable by an electronics repair facility, but the price of parts and labor almost always make it not worth the effort.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS