[SOLVED] HP Monitor - Half of display pink and pixelated

TorterraX

Distinguished
May 23, 2016
Hi!

I'm having a bit of trouble with my HP Pavilion 23xi monitor. About a week ago, while I was using my PC (not even working on the monitor in question), the left half of the screen became pixelated and took a pink hue. It's not so bad that I can't use it, but enough to strain my eyes. The next day, I realised there was some kind of burn-in only in that half of the screen: if I left a window open for more than about 20 minutes, I could see the window through anything else that I was doing, as if the screen was burnt in. Turning off the monitor for a while always fixes it, though.

When I opened the monitor today, the display flickered a bit and was back to working perfectly! No pink hue, it wasn't pixelated, and no burn-in. It worked that way for about a few minutes before malfunctioning again. Since it went back to working great, even if only for a while, I'm thinking that maybe there's a way to fix this since it doesn't seem really broken, merely glitching. I searched quite a bit and found that it was a common issue with this particular model, but I haven't found anyone talking about the monitorspontaneously working again.

If anyone has an idea on how I could get it working again I'd really appreciate it! So far I've tried resetting the monitor to factory settings, playing around with the settings, updating the display and graphic card drivers, but nothing worked. The issue really is with the display rather than with the graphic card, as the burn-in stays even when the display is disconnected, and I don't have any issues when I swap the monitor out.

Thank you!

Solution
That monitor is notorious for going pink screen. If you tried new cables, or if you have an intel cpu that you can use it's onboard graphics, and it stays the same. It is time for a new monitor, or rma if it is still under warranty.