HP Notebook G series Windows 7 64bit (Not Genuine Windows)

sirkittens

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
On one of the laptops my family has we had for a while and long story short a few months after the warranty ended the laptop said how windows was not genuine.
*There was no hardware changes
*There was a malware attack a while ago
I called and they said how that could be the cause of it and the key could've been swiped from the registry. Now I dont want to spend a lot of money giving it to them to fix the computer but is there a way that I would be able to fix the registry or re-add the key to the computer? or would it just be worth it to continue to just ignore them when when the message occurs?

Solution
Can't you go Start, right click Computer then properties and down where it says Windows Activation (or something to that), retype and reactivate the key online? Otherwise, you might have to use the automated phone activation.
you can only ignore it so long before your desktop goes black and they shut you down.if you know your key you should be able to activate with microsoft on the phone.it may involve talking to a representitive and explaining what happened.if you had a malware attack dont just assume its gone because you ran a malware program though as some malware will leave traces in the registry.the thing with malware is first to know the name of the nasty you are up against.

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Can't you go Start, right click Computer then properties and down where it says Windows Activation (or something to that), retype and reactivate the key online? Otherwise, you might have to use the automated phone activation.

Solution