[SOLVED] HP OfficeJet 3830 how to print in Black from a Colour cartridge?

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
So my black ink has ran out but I still have a full colour cartridge. I do not see in the properties anywhere to choose between black and white/colour etc? I could have sworn it was a thing many years ago you could do.

Secondly how do you make your printer setup ALWAYS default to "Draft" quality when printing. Trying to change it when you have the document ready to print ends up in a protection fault for me on my HP OfficeJet 3830

Thanks!

Last edited:
In most printers you can't print unless all the cartridges are working, but you should have an option when you print to select black and white, greyscale or color when the print dialog comes up. If you open the printer options (not from the document), you may have a setting there for default settings for quality. Post some screenshots of what you see when you print.

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
I cannot access those functions for some reason. Everytime I try now I get this error. Both in the windows settings and in the document itself delivers the same error.

Note that it prints fine, I just don't want to waste ink for at home printing.

y4mDl7daQGWE9_4EUotcu2W_XvXD45FGRsYVZCSWw6AwYbPr3KdVrXE8xzi_pxidg7PeqJ519nWv41eVyadc82D-oBFcp4RUuN1prUqI1REWaO0odNcwjBbV8QBkiSaysZi6qT2wYOs6IMp4gqxmgJJf1ryAVTEEiwO0db9Csj3GLm0wCECBgenO1v92VZ-1qDg3YQ_1eesbDHn-itQWWjm8Q