[SOLVED] HP Omen 15 battery draining while turned off

Shantanu Ghose

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
Product: HP Omen 15-dc1092tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello Folks,

I purchased this laptop in August '19. At first, I didn't have any problems with the battery for couple of months.
Then, in October, I turned it on after 3 weeks to find that the battery level had gone down to 35% while I remember shutting it down at 78%.
Since then, the laptop loses about 2.5% everyday while completely turned off i.e no sleep, hibernate etc.
I have tried many things, from disabling fast startup to disabling USB while the system is off, but nothing seems to help. All the software are up-to-date thanks to HP Assistant.
I also ran the HP Diagnostic test, both in Windows and through BIOS, to find that there are no issues with the Battery.
It seems to me that this might be a hardware issue.

Please let me know what might be the issue and how may I fix it.

PS: I am really hoping this is not a hardware issue because the service centers are the worst here and I would really like to avoid paying them a visit.

Last edited:
Solution
3% battery drain per day while not being used (or even turned off) sounds normal to me. Just like a phone battery gradually runs down even when it's not being used or it's turned of.. There's nothing to fix in my opinion. It's the battery technology, unavoidable. Even regular, disposable batteries (in a torch for example) lose some voltage even when the torch is turned off. Rechargeable batteries are no different in that respect.

I think you are worrying about something which is just normal battery behaviour.

I have nothing more to say on this matter, I'd just be repeating myself.
3% battery drain per day while not being used (or even turned off) sounds normal to me. Just like a phone battery gradually runs down even when it's not being used or it's turned of.. There's nothing to fix in my opinion. It's the battery technology, unavoidable. Even regular, disposable batteries (in a torch for example) lose some voltage even when the torch is turned off. Rechargeable batteries are no different in that respect.

I think you are worrying about something which is just normal battery behaviour.

I have nothing more to say on this matter, I'd just be repeating myself.

Solution