Question HP omen 15 fans ramp up

daniyalkh14

Honorable
Oct 13, 2017
Hello i bought a used hp omen 15 (7700hq,1050 4gb)everything about it is fine except one problem its fan ramp up and down for no reason,sometimes they stay at high speed for too long,even even laptop is idle, i've tried finding settings in bios but no luck, tried updating nvidia drivers,tried msi afterburners but no custom fan curve available ,nothing is working out,what do you suggest i should do.

daniyalkh14

Honorable
Oct 13, 2017
hello guys i'va purchased used hp omen 15(7700hq,1050 4 gb),i've noticed something weird that the fans start to ramp up whenever i move the laptop a little bit and they dont slow down after that,i tried couple of softwares to control fans speed but no luck,i opened the laptop and cleaned the fans but that didnt do anything,what solution do you guys recommend?

daniyalkh14

Honorable
Oct 13, 2017
Fan speed is supposed to fluctuate according to temperature readings, and the fan behavior is usually controlled by the computer's firmware. Not much you can do, although it might be worth taking a look at your temperatures. Any system monitoring/info software will do the job.

i did look at the temps through hwmonitor the temps were around 40-50 C not too much but the fans were too loud ,and also their behavior is totally random