News HP Omen 25L and 30L Desktops Get Fresh Designs, Intel and AMD, Better Cooling

D

Deleted member 1560910

I have owned 3 HP Computers starting with a Pentium 2 366 mhz to my last one was Omen with the i7 7700 which i found on clearance in Walmart for 900 dollars like 2 years ago. I think they are built well but only for a discounted price. Honestly you can build a better computer for the same price

May 4, 2020
HP’s Omen 25L and 30L gaming desktops are getting sleek new designs, Intel, AMD and Nvidia components and better cooling options than ever before.

HP Omen 25L and 30L Desktops Get Fresh Designs, Intel and AMD, Better Cooling : Read more
Mother Board????
Moria3
  • Form factor: Micro ATX: 24.0 x 24.0 cm (9.45 x 9.45 in)
  • Chipset: B450
  • Memory sockets: 2 x DDR4 (288-pin)
  • Processor socket: AM4
  • Expansion Slots:
    • One PCIe x16 socket
    • One M.2 socket 1, key A
    • One M.2 socket 3, key M
not exactly what i would exspect

michial

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Mother Board????
Moria3
  • Form factor: Micro ATX: 24.0 x 24.0 cm (9.45 x 9.45 in)
  • Chipset: B450
  • Memory sockets: 2 x DDR4 (288-pin)
  • Processor socket: AM4
  • Expansion Slots:
    • One PCIe x16 socket
    • One M.2 socket 1, key A
    • One M.2 socket 3, key M
not exactly what i would exspect
I just got a 30l yesterday. How do I update the bios. Mine came with 16gb of hyperx 3200mhz ram. I bought 32 gb of Corsair vengeance ram same specs and in task Mgr it’s showing 2199 mhz. I don’t know what to do as I’m very ignorant. I managed to add an evo 860 too but that’s the extent of my computer skills.

I just got a 30l yesterday. How do I update the bios. Mine came with 16gb of hyperx 3200mhz ram. I bought 32 gb of Corsair vengeance ram same specs and in task Mgr it’s showing 2199 mhz. I don’t know what to do as I’m very ignorant. I managed to add an evo 860 too but that’s the extent of my computer skills.
RAM is only guaranteed to work together when bought as a kit. You can try manually setting frequency and timings. Just be glad it's even working..

michial

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
RAM is only guaranteed to work together when bought as a kit. You can try manually setting frequency and timings. Just be glad it's even working..
I’ve always added more ram to my prebuilt computers, Mac and PC and never had any issues.

I asked because I’ve read when you look at the Ram in task mgr it won’t always post as the maxed speed but sometimes half of it. Mine are s showing as 2200 when it’s 3200. I’ll have to reinsert the 16gb of the hyperx ram that came with the tower to see how it posts.
Would updating the bios boost the ram? And what setting would anyone here recommend I make to get the ram to display as the 3.2mhz as it is?

michial

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I just reinstalled the hyperx 3200 memory and it’s registering as 3200 in task mgr. So the Crucial is only putting out 2133 even though it’s the same frequency of 3200 as the hyperx. How can I fix this?

Dec 17, 2020
I have owned 3 HP Computers starting with a Pentium 2 366 mhz to my last one was Omen with the i7 7700 which i found on clearance in Walmart for 900 dollars like 2 years ago. I think they are built well but only for a discounted price. Honestly you can build a better computer for the same price

I think you are correct but who has time to build a Desktop now- Also, my job isn't building PCs so for the time it would take me to order and assemble, etc. I would eclipse the price of the Omen I have with the I9 10900K, 2TB SSD and HDD with the 2080 ti GPU. I know a lot of gamers look down on us mere mortals who don't build our own but man I work 12-14 (sometimes much more) hour days running a global business unit within a large Silicon Valley tech company. I just can't to me at least justify spending time building a PC. If I had the extra time I am going for a run or ride on the motorcycle anything to get out of this COVID WFH bs.

This might be amusing to some but when I bought my first PC it was a 486DX with like negative 200mbs of ram and I am pretty sure the power unit was a gerbil. I paid about $2800 for that and a CRT 15 inch (edge to edge) SVGA monitor- We've come a long way baby.

I hope you all have a better and great 2021.

Dec 17, 2020

I have read but cannot now find that the 30L is pretty picky when it comes to RAM upgrades- I got 64mbs so I didn't have to deal with it. I think that might be the direction you will want to look- If I remember correctly someone was saying that anything except a certain brand of RAM would run slower than the others.I hope that helps!