[SOLVED] HP Omen 30L won’t wake from sleep

Aug 11, 2021
I have a brand new HP Omen 30L only 5 days old at the time of writing (8/11/21)I have tried resetting bios, I have tried getting updates for windows updates for my drivers, making the keyboard able to wake it up from sleep mode. Nothing works. The only work around I have is setting the computer to not go to sleep ever.
When the computer does go to sleep all the lights dim on it like normal, but then if you leave it asleep for about a minute the rear fan kicks on to high and then I cannot wake it up from the keyboard or mouse, the power button does absolutely nothing, and my only option is to unplug it from the wall and re plug it in to resume using it. Please help me I have tried everything.

Reactions: MBon
Solution
Could be the hardware itself not happy with sleep. On all PCs i build, i always turn off the auto sleep function because even if its new, the sleep function doesn't always work properly so I leave it at that

LazerTechX

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
Could be the hardware itself not happy with sleep. On all PCs i build, i always turn off the auto sleep function because even if its new, the sleep function doesn't always work properly so I leave it at that

Solution
Aug 14, 2021
I have a brand new HP Omen 30L only 5 days old at the time of writing (8/11/21)I have tried resetting bios, I have tried getting updates for windows updates for my drivers, making the keyboard able to wake it up from sleep mode. Nothing works. The only work around I have is setting the computer to not go to sleep ever.
When the computer does go to sleep all the lights dim on it like normal, but then if you leave it asleep for about a minute the rear fan kicks on to high and then I cannot wake it up from the keyboard or mouse, the power button does absolutely nothing, and my only option is to unplug it from the wall and re plug it in to resume using it. Please help me I have tried everything.
I have the exact same problem. Please if anyone has information about this some help would be much appreciated!

Aug 31, 2021
Chat with an agent on HP support. They remotely fixed the problem on my 30L OMEN, apparently my Windows was corrupted and I had to update Nvidia's driver. No longer having issues with putting my PC to sleep. I had to do the same thing before and unplugged it from the wall.

Aug 31, 2021
I have the exact same problem. Please if anyone has information about this some help would be much appreciated!
Chat with an agent on HP support. They remotely fixed the problem on my 30L OMEN, apparently my Windows was corrupted and I had to update Nvidia's driver. No longer having issues with putting my PC to sleep. I had to do the same thing before and unplugged it from the wall.