[SOLVED] HP OMEN 4th Generation freezes for few seconds after few minutes!

Oct 5, 2019
Hi!
I have HP Omen 15-5010nr laptop with following specs:
4th Generation Core-i7 4710HQ processor @2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM
256 GB Sandisk SSD M.2
Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB GPU

I started getting issue that my laptop freezes for few seconds (and then starts working again) without proper interval! Also, videos lag for a second after few minutes (including youtube).
Games also drop fps in the same manner. I play PUBG and it lags slightly after 30-40 seconds. Sometimes it freezes for 10-15 seconds (I can hear the audio of my teammates talking during this time).
I serviced the laptop, Also I restored the laptop to factory settings with windows 8.1 without any success. I tested the hardware using "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Window" and it passed all the tests.
I couldn't identify the problem and I need help.

I did some research now I got the result that the lag occurs exactly after every minute during YouTube videos and PUBG game! My CPU temperatures are around 50 during video and around 70 during the PUBG game!
Note: I played PUBG game at each three graphics settings (balanced, smooth and HD) and the lag pattern remained same!
Regards

Last edited:
Solution
Solved the problem myself by restoring the BIOS! The steps I followed are:
  1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer

This did the job for me!:)
Oct 5, 2019
check cpu/gpu temp?
how full is the ssd?
SSD is half empty but CPU temp reaches above 90 while playing some heavy games like FIFA 19, WITCHER 3, GTA V, ACE COMBAT 7!
I know high temperatures are problem which cause fps drop during games but now the problem occurs also at low temperatures while watching videos also and Laptop freezes for 10-15 seconds!
Currently I only play PUBG at low graphics and 60 fps which is not that high end game but still I get consistent fps drop (including drop in the audio) after few seconds and game freezes sometimes for few seconds!
I dont know if high temperatures have damaged any component but it passed all the hardware tests! I couldn't identify the problem!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019
I did some research now I got the result that the lag occurs exactly after every minute during YouTube videos and PUBG game! My CPU temperatures are around 50 during video and around 70 during the PUBG game!
Note: I played PUBG game at each three graphics settings (balanced, smooth and HD) and the lag pattern remained same!

Oct 5, 2019
Solved the problem myself by restoring the BIOS! The steps I followed are:
  1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer

This did the job for me!:)

Solution