[SOLVED] hp omen crash issue

jeffreyktm3

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
hello guys im having problems with my omen HP - 17-an036nd lately i have tried almost everything and i dont know what to do anymore.
so this is the problem, after i play a game (doesnt matter what game) it crashes and reboots at random moments. so i tought it might
be the temperatures, but after doing stress test on my CPU and GPU i hit way higher temps and it didnt happen. it is still in guarantee
but that is no option now that i live on the other side of the world from where i bought it :( and there is no support where i live now.
is there someone that can give me suggestions or solutions, something i can try?????

its exactly like this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84QC1RFAxXA

Solution
If you removed battery and power cable then pressed power button 30seconds and put only power cable back this might of fixed it and not removing the battery only. You can test this by first trying without the battery for a week and then with battery for few days to see if there is difference. If you still get crashes ONLY with battery connected get a genuine new one. You can mark this as solved when your certain.
That does not look temperature related crash which usually gives you error code instead of white screen. You should contact guarantee because things we can suggest might void warranty.

- you can try the usual , remove power cable and battery then press power button for 1minute then plugin only power cable and run it without internal battery connected at all, if this fixes the issue then its battery.

2nd thing you can try is bios update, probably wont solve your issue though. Go hp drivers page and search your model
17-an036nd

then go for bios get the latest version F.20 Rev.A and check that your battery is atleast 50% charged and power cable is connected, then disable antivirus until next boot and close all apps and continue with the update.

Everything else means disassemblying your laptop which can void warranty.

jeffreyktm3

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
That does not look temperature related crash which usually gives you error code instead of white screen. You should contact guarantee because things we can suggest might void warranty.

- you can try the usual , remove power cable and battery then press power button for 1minute then plugin only power cable and run it without internal battery connected at all, if this fixes the issue then its battery.

2nd thing you can try is bios update, probably wont solve your issue though. Go hp drivers page and search your model
17-an036nd

then go for bios get the latest version F.20 Rev.A and check that your battery is atleast 50% charged and power cable is connected, then disable antivirus until next boot and close all apps and continue with the update.

Everything else means disassemblying your laptop which can void warranty.
@lga1156_ftw OMG dude thank you so much!!! i removed the battery and it didnt crashed anymore, so i really need a new battery right???

If you removed battery and power cable then pressed power button 30seconds and put only power cable back this might of fixed it and not removing the battery only. You can test this by first trying without the battery for a week and then with battery for few days to see if there is difference. If you still get crashes ONLY with battery connected get a genuine new one. You can mark this as solved when your certain.

Solution