Question HP OMEN GAMING LAPTOP WITH 1070M PERFORMING POORLY

Nov 11, 2019
Hello,

I've recently noticed that my gaming laptop is not running games as smoothly as it should have (i.e 20-30 fps instead of 50-60 fps). I ran a test on User Benchmark, which said my PC is performing way below expectations:

UserBenchmarks: Game 15%, Desk 20%, Work 16%
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ - 13.6%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 (Mobile) - 19%
SSD: Samsung MZNTY128HDHP-000H1 128GB - 55.5%
HDD: HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5" 1TB - 21.9%
RAM: Hynix HMA851S6AFR6N-UH 2x4GB - 40.4%
MBD: HP OMEN by HP Laptop

Why is my laptop, equipped with a GTX 1070m, not performing as it should? What can I do?

PC Tailor

Distinguished
Herald
Welcome to the forums my friend!

• Check you background CPU usage, you appear to have a lot from the benchmark results, so you've got a lot of background applications and services running that are consuming resource.
  • I would also check CPU and GPU temps under load as it appears your CPU is not reaching turbo clock speeds correctly.
  • When was the last time you ran virus scans, disk cleanups, TRIM, and Defrag?
  • Do you have latest drivers installed directly from the manufacturer (including MB/Chipset drivers and not using a driver updater app)?
  • Do you have latest BIOS installed?

Nov 11, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

• Check you background CPU usage, you appear to have a lot from the benchmark results, so you've got a lot of background applications and services running that are consuming resource.
  • I would also check CPU and GPU temps under load as it appears your CPU is not reaching turbo clock speeds correctly.
  • When was the last time you ran virus scans, disk cleanups, TRIM, and Defrag?
  • Do you have latest drivers installed directly from the manufacturer (including MB/Chipset drivers and not using a driver updater app)?
  • Do you have latest BIOS installed?
Thanks for your reply!

I'm a bit rusty when it comes to these topics.
What software would you recommend to check CPU and GPU temperatures under load, to run virus scans, disk cleanups and TRIM?
I ran Defrag yesterday before posting, the D:/ partition where all my games are is shown as "9% framgmented", even after i defragged it.
I believe I have the latest drivers installed since I have Windows 10, and it automatically updates everything. I Also have GeForce Experience which automatically updates my GPU driver.
How can I check if I have the latest BIOS installed?

Many thanks for your help

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS