Question hp omen I7 7700 gtx 1060 3gb is it upgradeable

Ydennek33

Honorable
Jan 6, 2015
hey guy was wondering on any upgrades I could make to this machine bought it a little while back and im happy with it but im just wondering it has 12 gb of ram and im not sure exactly the type. would it be possible to upgrade the ram and anything else with this machine thanks in advance!!

everything is upgradeable
but you should look at the power supply and check how much wattage it can provide (sustained, not peak)
i would imagine hp would pack a good quality psu, but thats not always the case. if it is around 450 or lower, i would suggest replacing it (if possible) before upgrading gpu (unless youre buying a mid range gpu that is. 2060 super or lower)

also, you can upgrade cpu, since the i7 7700 (aside from the k which is just a lil faster) the best cpu that goes into that socket, and swapping both board, cpu and psu is basically swapping the whole computer.

as for ram, yeah thats easily upgradeable

Ydennek33

Honorable
Jan 6, 2015
not sure how big the power supply is theres no real marker on it just says 80 bronze top right corner.computer has a 8 gb and 4 gb stick. was wondering if I could do minor upgrades to it as I dunno where I should really start