[SOLVED] HP OMEN LOW FPS?

May 27, 2020
Hello, I bought a laptop about a week ago, the exact model is HP Omen 17,
the problem is that I think i don't have enough FPS.
I will add a sample photo from the game, in the photo it is gta V. I have there from 45 to 62 FPS with vertical sync synchronization and MSAA turned off. Temperatures etc. are on the screen, GHZ CPU does not fall below 3.6.
In The Witcher 3 I have 60FPS on ultra settings . Everything is ok? Because I can see much more FPSs on youtube and laptops there have 16GB less RAM and are not dual. All settings like power managment, or nvidia settings to boost performance is ON.
The laptop's specifications are:
proc: Intel Core i7-9750H (6 cores, 12 threads, 2.60-4.50 GHz, 12 MB cache)
graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 6144 MB GDDR6 (own memory)
RAM: 32GB DUAL
1920 x 1080 240 Hz
w5ufwY.png

Solution
All of your components are either performing as expected or BETTER in that benchmark, now you only have 2% backround usage. Has the performance increased after undervolting at all?

Seems like operating system / software issue yes.
May 27, 2020
this is statistics from test and diagram. Throttling is on the beginning of test but after it's ok. On 100% usage temperatures are the same like on 20% usage(in games).
AQwH3M.png
xa3Dh2.png

Use the 2nd video i posted "intel xtu" to undervolt the cpu -100mv. It is completely safe and opposite of overclocking.

After that re-test aida64 with same stress test.

Download cpu-z and go to memory tab, take a picture from it and post here.

Guess you have already done "go to nvidia control panel => manage 3d settings => select game or global settings (global means your running higher clocks all the time on gpu) and for power management mode select "maximum performance" and apply.

May 27, 2020
In AIDA test shows 14% of throttling instead of 20%. In nvidia control I have done everything. This is screenshot from CPU-Z:
QY8lyz.png

I checked FPS in games after undervolting and I see no difference

Last edited:
Well problem is certainly that very high backround usage (100% lol) in your userbenchmark run. Something aint right in the operating system.

Maybe you had game running or something in the backround which caused it?

If you had NO browsers or games open and still that high backround usage we found the cause atleast.

May 27, 2020
I did this test 5 times and nothing was opened but after reboot test was much better but on Ram section i have alarm that i have to unlock XMP and make sure that I have dual on. But on top I gave screenshot grom CPU z and everything is allright. I dont know what's going on

Can you link it? You had something running backround, either malware or corruypt driver / antivirus might be anything. Run malwarebytes and malwarebytes anti-rootkit free, check that both show clean result.

CPU-Z shows you are running at 2666mhz and dual channel already, i have no idea what userbenchmark is reporting that for.

May 27, 2020
Yes, after undervolting. I have no idea why I had 100% usage but now it's ok. So why FPS in games are not so good? Maybe it's not problem with my laptop but with a system, software?

All of your components are either performing as expected or BETTER in that benchmark, now you only have 2% backround usage. Has the performance increased after undervolting at all?

Seems like operating system / software issue yes.

Solution
May 27, 2020
I didn't notice. Maybe little but unnoticeably. I will do something with my software then. Thanks you for your help, im calm now that's everything ok with my laptop.

TRENDING THREADS