Question HP Omen Obelisk 875-1120

Nov 15, 2019
Hello all, I purchased the HP Omen Obelisk last week and so far it has been great. It is packed with a water-cooled intel i7 9700k 8 core processor @ 3.6 ghz, RTX 2070 super as the GPU, 512 GB M.2 SSD storage, and 16 GB of RAM. (with 4 total DIMM slots).

My only concerns really is the cooling. I have no actually had any real issues, but only concerns. Does this case not have any intake fans whatsoever?! It has your typical exhaust fan on the back, the power supply has its own fan, and the GPU as well, of course. And like I said, the CPU is water cooled. The side panel isn't vented/grated either. And no intake fans on the front of the case, and it is not vented as well. And lastly, the bottom doesn't have an intake fan, but has a magnetic filter. So seems to me like there isn't but air flow or ventilation.

I play the new Call of Duty, and temps are fine. It seems to be run it very well. But the thought of no air-flow worries me, as I am a worry freak

Nov 15, 2019
According to this article, the AIO you're case is bundled with has the rad at the top and the fan is set to push air through the radiator and out the top as an exhaust. You're fine, not a whole lot of air being moved with a single 120mm fan but you're fine.

Yeah nothing has really happened that has had me too worried. My GPU has gotten up to 70C in a 25-man raid on WoW. I feel the back of the case where the GPU is at and it definitely feels pretty hot.

I will say, the other day when I logged off of WoW, I went to shut down my computer using the Windows button. The monitor turned off, but the PC itself did not. Then all the fans started going crazy fast. I then had to manually shut it down by pressing the power button on the tower. So yeah, I'm not sure what that was all about. (This is of course a separate concern than the PC cooling itself).