HP OmniBook 4100 questions

Hi all,

Don't know if anyone can help me, but here goes....

I am helping a free re-hab an old HP OmniBook 4100 notebook for some basic
web surfing, etc. I need to do a few things to get it current, but I need
some help.

1. This machine only has 32MB RAM, obviously not enough for XP. What is
the correct RAM to use? Do I access it by removing the bottom panel of the
laptop?

2. I want to get into the BIOS, but someone set a password. Is there a way
to get around this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Keith

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"KWA" <junkmail@junkmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Don't know if anyone can help me, but here goes....
>
> I am helping a free re-hab an old HP OmniBook 4100 notebook for some basic
> web surfing, etc. I need to do a few things to get it current, but I need
> some help.
>
> 1. This machine only has 32MB RAM, obviously not enough for XP. What is
> the correct RAM to use? Do I access it by removing the bottom panel of
the
> laptop?

It uses PC66 SDRAM. Some PC100 is compatible.

> 2. I want to get into the BIOS, but someone set a password. Is there a
way
> to get around this?

Contact HP customer care and they will help you remove it (free).