HP p6616f mobo upgrade

thatcoolgreenguy

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
So I have a HP p6616f, and I want to install a New Motherboard [ am3+ ] Is there any mobo's that will fit in my case?

I have upgraded psu and gpu and ram, i just cant afford to buy a new case a new HDD ect ect, also will I be able to use my HP HDD with windows on it or what would I have to do?? Thanks!

this is my PC http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=4269976&spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay&spf_p.prp_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02481322-15%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Solution

HDD is fine for reuse it is that technicality with the windows license which basically means to be 100% correct you need a new windows license. Changing motherboard is always best done with a fresh install.
Your case will accept any mATX board. The HP windows license is tied to the HP board and technically is not transferable bit it is not unheard of that people could reactivate with MS asking nicely. At minimum it will need a repair install of windows.

HDD is fine for reuse it is that technicality with the windows license which basically means to be 100% correct you need a new windows license. Changing motherboard is always best done with a fresh install.

Solution