Question HP Pavilion 10 TouchSmart 10-e000es Notebook PC Question Upgrade

• Thread starter Deleted member 2354031
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2354031

Hello guys!

I need opinions about upgrading my sister's HP Pavilion Laptop.
She said to me that it's booting up slow, when it comes to online class, her laptop can't run Google Meet properly.
Also she wanted to upgrade the OS to windows 10, I told her no because issues may show up.

She's willing to spend money on the upgrades instead of buying a new laptop)
(NOTE: She usually use Google Chrome and MS Office)

I already check the issues, and yes I've confirmed that her Internal HDD is nearly failing, 35% Health in HDD Sentinel.
I also noticed that the laptop had only 2GB of DDR3L RAM,

If you're curious about the full spec of the laptop here's the link:
https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c04030123

Now, I've planned to upgrade the Storage and the Ram only.
And these are the parts that I've picked:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/4d5f21b.../765b72b099123bb7ed47ac3470ccaab5588e7cb8.png

To my question!

Is the RAM overkill?
Should I go with a 4GB RAN instead?
does the component that I picked worth the money?
Upgrading to Windows 10 safe?

Share your opinions and thoughts guys!

Thanks!

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
Sorry to disappoint you Enrico but the laptop's RAM is not upgradable. Also its CPU is so underpowered it's probably the slowest one ever made.

Adding an SSD won't make enough difference to be worth it so you'll need to tell your sister that the time has come to buy a new laptop.

Even a 5-6 year old used standard laptop will be much faster than this one. I like the Lenovo T430s models, with a solid state drive and 8 GB RAM those are pretty cheap and very well made. Many are business models that were well taken care of, and keyboards are easy to replace if worn out. Plenty around for about $140-180 in good condition and will be better built than anything new up to about $500.