[SOLVED] HP Pavilion 13-s120nr compatible Motherboard with CPU of core i5

seynalkim

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
My motherboard is already damaged, I tried searching for a replacement on eBay. The CPU of the previous motherboard I have is core i3 and I wanted to upgrade into core i5. I am aware that I should follow the part number of hardware when replacing it but I couldn't find a replacement with the CPU of core i5 same with the part number of my motherboard.

I am planning to buy this one:
HP PAVILION X360 13T-S100 13-S SERIES I5-6200U MOTHERBOARD 827823-001 828607-001

But my motherboard part number is 827822-601.

Below is the Motherboard with the same part number.
HP PAVILION X360 13-S SERIES INTEL I3-6100U MOTHERBOARD 827822-001 849242-001 US

I'm not really sure the difference but upon checking, I think the only difference is the CPU.

The exact model of the laptop is:
HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s120nr (ENERGY STAR)

Solution
This question is similar to this HP Forum. The Part Number or Spare Part Number of hardware should be followed when upgrading or replacing any parts of a laptop. To determine which model is compatible, the Service Guide Manual is the key. Usually, this service guide manual is a hard-copy that is included in the package when you purchase a laptop, if not you can download a PDF copy of it on the official page of the product. You can then find a list of hardware with the spare part number on it which is surely compatible and tested by the company.

In this case, the laptop is HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s120nr (ENERGY STAR), in the Manuals you can download a PDF soft-copy of the Service Guide Manual...

seynalkim

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
This question is similar to this HP Forum. The Part Number or Spare Part Number of hardware should be followed when upgrading or replacing any parts of a laptop. To determine which model is compatible, the Service Guide Manual is the key. Usually, this service guide manual is a hard-copy that is included in the package when you purchase a laptop, if not you can download a PDF copy of it on the official page of the product. You can then find a list of hardware with the spare part number on it which is surely compatible and tested by the company.

In this case, the laptop is HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s120nr (ENERGY STAR), in the Manuals you can download a PDF soft-copy of the Service Guide Manual and on Page 33 in the System Board section there is a list of it with description and spare part number. Just choose which system board and spare part number you wanted to use and look for it when you purchase.

Solution