HP Pavilion 14 Keyboard not working

Apr 30, 2018
Hi,
I have a HP Pavilion 14-b013au and I've been having a really annoying problem. My keyboard is not working. All of the buttons do not work apart from the top buttons (esc, volume up, volume down, mute, brightness etc). Those buttons work fine but the other buttons do not work. Even the windows key and caps lock isn't working.

I've tried everything. Deleting the keyboard from device manager and restarting my laptop and removing the keyboard from the actual base which exposes the ribbon cable. I've clean the cable and the keyboard from behind, removing the cable from its slot and blowing it and putting it back in and to my surprise, it works! It works and i finally get to use my keyboard but the next day comes and I go to use my keyboard but... no response. The same thing happens again.

Its getting very annoying carrying around a bulky keyboard in my backpack so I turned to asking the community. if there are any other solutions I could do apart from getting a replacement keyboard because I am already considering that but I want to see if there are other solutions before spending money.

I did get this laptop repaired because of the hard drive failing so maybe the repairer did something to the keyboard. I'n no IT tech but it is probably most likely.

Respond ASAP!

Solution
The odds are that this will require physical repair by a competent shop. You can hope that only the connection to the keyboard is messed up so that a replacement keyboard will not be needed. Good luck.