HP Pavilion 21.5-Inch IPS LED HDMI VGA Monitor (22cwa)

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
99 dollar deal is probably my first problem, but after just 4 months, my monitor has started to do a "flash" thing, just once or twice a day so far. It doesn't go black, it just literally flashes, so quick I first thought it was just something on the web.

Anyone have some feedback on what it might be? I have it running HDMI to computer (info below). I suspect I'll just have to replace it as I read some negative reviews, after the fact. I was all stuck on the good reviews of course.

Went to get the free product support through Amazon and it expired in January, lol. If I find out it's an easy fix, I'll do that. Other than that, I'll have to get another monitor lined up, maybe get some advice here on Tom's to see what I might buy to replace it. Thanks in advance for any help/feedback, Denise

This is my computer I got at the same time:

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop Computer, AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, AMD Radeon RX 550, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, Windows 10 (690-0010, Black)

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried taking the display to a donor system and seen if the flicker is seen on their system as well? You might also want to post a video of the issue(that you're facing) and later use it as evidence when initiating an RMA with HP/Amazon.

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Hi Lutfij,

No, haven't hooked the monitor up elsewhere because the flick, or flicker, flash is only occuring once or twice a day. So I have no idea when it's going to happen again, or long in between.

Do you think this might be related to what I am reading about Windows 10 glitch? It says 2 things may be the issue.

a driver
an app

Their steps entail uninstalling a driver, and reinstalling. I admit I am kind of nervous about doing that. It's not that I can't, but will I be able to reinstall a new driver (updated I guess)? I'm just a little tekkie, not big-time, lol;)

Here's the article, so you can see exactly what they are talking about. Thank you for dropping in to help me:) Denise
http://