Robert

I have a Pavilion 4550z that I just formatted the HD and installed Win ME.
The problems that I am having is the color is limited to 16 colors and res
of 640 x 480 and I think it is related to the yellow question marks in the
system device properties. The question marks are on the PCI communication
device, PCI input controller, and PCI multimedia device and state that there
are no drivers for these items. Are these items related to the color
management? Are the drivers on the recovery disc (which I don't have)? Where
can I get these drivers, hp does not have the discs anymore? Are there any
sites that offer them for download? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Robert

According to the HP web site, the graphics chip for this computer is ATI Rage
IIC. Because the drivers apparently are not part of Windows ME, and because HP
does its customers a disservice by not having drivers on its web site, go to the
ATI web site, download the drivers for the chip and install them.

The modem is "Rockwell RipTide combo card".

The sound is "AMC97 codec".

These can be found on the web, possibly at the chipset manufacturer's web site,
possibly at the web site of the Pacific Rim company that made the card for HP.

.... Ben Myers

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:15:14 -0700, "Robert" <rlg@NO.premier1.net> wrote:

>I have a Pavilion 4550z that I just formatted the HD and installed Win ME.
>The problems that I am having is the color is limited to 16 colors and res
>of 640 x 480 and I think it is related to the yellow question marks in the
>system device properties. The question marks are on the PCI communication
>device, PCI input controller, and PCI multimedia device and state that there
>are no drivers for these items. Are these items related to the color
>management? Are the drivers on the recovery disc (which I don't have)? Where
>can I get these drivers, hp does not have the discs anymore? Are there any
>sites that offer them for download? Thanks in advance for any advice.
>Robert

TRENDING THREADS