Hp Pavilion a1350n

Yed Ied

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I have "Driver Genius Pro" and have found and installed all suggested drivers after a fresh XP Pro install. Device Manager indicates that drivers for Multi Media Audio, and Video VGA compatable are not installed, but I installed them.
My screen resolution is off and can not correctly adjust, and I have no Stand By option, both in the past caused by lack of proper video driver and not able to put speaker icon on taskbar, nor do I have sound even after adobe upgrade. Stumped Steve

Are you saying the HP site does not have drivers for your computer model and you use 3rd party to find them ?

Yed Ied

Honorable
May 11, 2012

HP does have the same drivers that I used with Driver Genius, and I have tried installing them from HP too, no cigar. Driver Genius takes a lot of the work out of chasing driver and I use it a lot, but having a problem now. Yed Ied

RE Sound: Run services.msc - "Windows Audio Service should show "Automatic" and be started. Even if the drivers are installed, you will get no sound if service setting are not correct.

Re Drivers: You may want to search by Vendor & Device Code.
If you go in device manager, (for whichever device you need driver for)
Right click properties, go in details for the device driver.
You will see a code like per example VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in this case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8.

Once you have the two codes, go to www.pcidatabase.com.
Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware. From there you can search for a driver download for your hardware.

Yed Ied

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I ran "services.msc" and Windows Audio status is STARTED and Startup Type- is AUTOMATIC. Working on the rest of it, just a question. In my quest for resolution I read somewhere that the new Chipset Drivers had to be installed prior to Audio and Video Driver installation. In this instance this was not done. This info was amidst other questionable tips, but I'm thinking now there might be something to it.