[SOLVED] HP Pavilion DV 8000 no internet

Feb 10, 2021
No internet, strong WiFi, OS is WIN XP, no browsers work, no internet means no browser updates, suspect computer is uncomeatable with WIN 10 and Windows help agent also thinks so . Browsers are all out of date (computer is 10 yrs or>).

Computer info: SN: CND6331890
P/N: EZ581UA#ABA
MODEL: HSTNN-C16C (Made in China?)

Can anyone tell me if it is incompatible with WIN 10? (I know some people are not fans of WIN 10). If not what other options do I have?, downloading to a flash drive and run whatever OS I get from there or could I download it to the computer?

This is not a major problem/situation as it is going to be attached to a microscope but, still, I'd like to have internet capability.

Solution
If you are going to wipe the thing anyway, just make a Win 10 setup disk and see if it works properly.

You can check for what drivers are there from HP for it with the S/N, although that model is hard to find since it's 14 years old.

Not really likely it will run Win 10 well. Maybe Win 7. Probably will need to add more RAM and a new drive to it, or just buy something newer.
If you are going to wipe the thing anyway, just make a Win 10 setup disk and see if it works properly.

You can check for what drivers are there from HP for it with the S/N, although that model is hard to find since it's 14 years old.

Not really likely it will run Win 10 well. Maybe Win 7. Probably will need to add more RAM and a new drive to it, or just buy something newer.

Solution