HP Pavilion dv6 BIOS Corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan15

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Hi,
My friend recently gave me two laptops so that i could recover photos off them. One a hp pavilion dv6 has a bios corruption this is the one she has given me to keep and use if i get it working. Anyway my problem is when turning it on the led's glow and the cpu fans spins but the screen remains black and the caps lock light blinks twice. From my research i'm assuming i have a bios corruption error.
I have replaced the cmos battery and the ram and put my old hard drive in with no operating system. However i am still having the bios error and can't see a way around it due to not having an operating system. The old hard drive doesnt work btw hence i replaced it. I have also tried installing hp_tools onto the same hard drive and have been unsuccessful.
Any help would be great but if the laptops a lost cause please let me know xD i've been messing around with it for hours with no success, thanks in advance.

Ps: i have also tried the bios reset button combination with no success it just repeatedly turns the laptop off every few seconds.

Logan15

Reputable
May 3, 2015

Thanks for the reply, i have tried what you said and have had no look any other ideas? thanks again.

Logan15

Reputable
May 3, 2015

yup had no look so i salvaged what i could ie: the hard drive and the ram and then binned it thanks for the help anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.