Question HP Pavilion dv7-6c00TX (2011) A3V80PA HM65 Chipset - System Fan & WLan/BT MiniCard UPGRADE

Feb 17, 2019
Hello there,

This post concerns upgrade options for a HP Pavilion dv7-6c00TX (2011 model), Product Number A3V80PA, running on HM65 Chipset (i think CougarPoint), with regard to :-
  1. The System Fan. I am hoping to install a more powerful compatible fan.
  2. The WLAN/BT Combo MiniCard. I am hoping to purchase a new and better WLAN half or full mini-pcie card.

HP Support is of no help, and either just give me an automated response or guide me to a page of a user guide which i already hold a copy of. Information for this model is outdated and they have no concern for anything not marketed by them. I am not just looking for replacement components, but hoping for more expensive & better upgrades of any compatible brand. Was hoping if anyone could suggest possible upgrades. I will try to provide as much info as possible.

My CPU is Intel® Core i7-2760QM Processor (6Mb Cache, up to 3.50 GHz) and i have 16gb of 1600mhz ddr3 ram. This is a 17.3" laptop using a 120W AC Power Adapter & 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery.

At the moment, the stock system fan could be an Eathtek-Sunon MagLev MF60120V1-C181-S9A DC5V-0.4A cooling fan. I am hoping for a better and stronger replacement.

My WLAN card is an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030, Single Band. I am hoping to find a suitable upgraded card with at least the following specs : 801 a/b/g/n networks, up to 300mbps, dual band or if not 5ghz frequency, comboed with at least bluetooth 4.0+.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Regards.

Feb 17, 2019
I think I could settle with the stock fan + a cooler fan pad, but i still require an internal upgraded WLAN/BT Card.

Could anyone suggest a brand and model please? It has to be compatible with HM65 Chipset, and i am running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Not looking for external dongel.

Thanks.

ps. pasted from above : My current WLAN card is an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030, Single Band. I am hoping to find a suitable upgraded card with at least the following specs : 801 a/b/g/n networks, up to 300mbps, dual band or if not 5ghz frequency, comboed with at least bluetooth 4.0+.

edit. ok, i found out my laptop is incompatible with 5ghz frequency, but would appreciate it if someone could advise a better and newer 2.4ghz card than centrino n-1030 thanks.

Last edited: