Hp Pavilion G6 Bluescreen, freezes, restarts after CPU upgrade

May 30, 2018
Hi! My laptop model is HP Pavilion g6-2105ss and it came with a AMD A6-4400M Dual Core CPU and with 4 GB of ram. I used it like this for a long time and I wanted to upgrade it. First I added another 4 GB of the ram and got no problems. After a while I asked on HP forum if I can upgrade the CPU to something better and they said I could upgrade it to a AMD A10-4600M Quad Core, so I did. The laptop worked just fine for about a week then the restarts stared. I thought it was because I pushed it to hard and tried some demanding games but then bluescreens and freezes appeard. The bluescreen errors were KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP. Some other times I got red screens. Those problems happen mostly when I play games but it happened even when I was just browsing the internet (only freezes). When a freeze ocured it olso comes with some weird pixels (see photos), and when I restarted the laptop some weird pixels sometimes appeared while loading the windows (after the windows logo dissapeared) (see photos). I tried a LOT of things like reinstalling the windows, installing windows 7, memory check and hard disk check, I used memtest86 for 7 hours, I took out the 4 gigs of ram, I removed the graphics driver with DDU and reinstalled it, and still I have the same problem. The CPU I bought was from eBay from a guy with a lot of 5 star reviews and I went to a IT store and they installed it (not me).
Link to photos: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqFy73zkO5wKiANxsssq2Zksfl27
If someone can help me please, I don't know what to do anymore.

TRENDING THREADS