Question HP Pavilion Gaming 15 RAM issues.

Oct 8, 2021
Hello everyone, currently Im having problems with my RAM. Laptop model HP Pavilion 15-ec1028nw. That means, one slot does not work because of ... yeah, I dont know is it a mechanical issue or maybe software thingy. First with both RAM slots filled I run every diagnostic I had in my mind, that includes: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics, CPU-Z. It didnt show any issues, like there wasnt even a RAM slot filled. Any errors occured. I tried to access some BIOS RAM settings but HP BIOS is so poorly made that you cant do ANYTHING in here, literally can only change some keyboard lighting settings and stuff like that. So my final question is: Can I install maybe more advanced BIOS on my laptop to acces some RAM settings and CPU settings like voltage and XMP, or there are any other ways to run a diagnosis if thats a mechanical issue or software problem.

Thank You in advance and sorry for m y not so good English

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see what your BIOS version on the laptop is at the time of writing? You have accessed the BIOS prior so you should be seeing it at the from of the BIOS screen. Can you parse an image of the sticks of ram in your laptop if you've disassembled the laptop?

To answer the questions at the bottom of your post, no you can't put on a BIOS outside of what is meant for the laptop unless you are adept with BIOS codes and what HP have hidden...without bricking your motherboard(and ending up with e-waste). FYI, this isn't new, it's been going on for about a decade or longer last I can recall. As for laptop's that allow you to tinker with the ram sticks and frequencies, that's going to be seen with higher tier laptops.

Oct 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see what your BIOS version on the laptop is at the time of writing? You have accessed the BIOS prior so you should be seeing it at the from of the BIOS screen. Can you parse an image of the sticks of ram in your laptop if you've disassembled the laptop?

To answer the questions at the bottom of your post, no you can't put on a BIOS outside of what is meant for the laptop unless you are adept with BIOS codes and what HP have hidden...without bricking your motherboard(and ending up with e-waste). FYI, this isn't new, it's been going on for about a decade or longer last I can recall. As for laptop's that allow you to tinker with the ram sticks and frequencies, that's going to be seen with higher tier laptops.

Thank You very much for such a quick respond. So, now I am confused. I ve just installed a second RAM which shouldnt work. Then, after succesful boot, I ve opened CPU-Z and... It shows that I have 16GB of RAM in both slots, so I checked what system shows and there is still, only 8GB of RAM theoretically. I launched BIOS, and still 8GB visible. Then I launched CPUZ again, and that is the only app or program that I have that shows me 16GB, like there is nothing wrong (only RAM frequencies are a bit odd for me, shouldnt it be 3200MHZ?). I made photos of everything to let You see by Your experienced eyes.
Albert

I will paste a link to every photo here, hope it will work as intended.
https://pin.it/1taCbYg

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

TRENDING THREADS