Question HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-2000nc

Koeynig

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
Hey guys,
so few days ago I bought this HP prebuilt setup: HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-2000nc(16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, RTX 3060 12GB, SSD 512GB - I think that's all worth mentioning). The reason I've bought this setup was my limited budget and also nearly impossible to buy GPU standalone at a reasonable price. While I was waiting for my PC I was googling more about these setups. What I found out was that these HP setups tend to over-heat. After I got my PC, I ran 30min CPU & GPU stress test to check temperatures and results are following:
CPU: +/- 85°C
GPU: +/- 80°C
Also I was playing CS:GO on maximum details for about two hours and temperatures were bit lower(about mid 70s)
I think it's not that bad but also not that good. I know it's only ITX case but I know I can decrease the heat because I have found a guy on youtube upgrading very similar HP setups(I think almost the same case but different hardware). He managed to decrease temperatures by 13-15°C and in my opinion it's kind of worth it(it'll cost about 100$). What I have been considering to do is at least add additional front fan. However I would really love to replace exhaust fan and CPU heatsink. I'm just not sure if I should do it because there's 2 year warranty.

I asked the same question on my local IT forums but people were there rude and quite arrogant as well telling me to not mess with it and leave it as it is. I just hope I'll find more useful answers here..

Thanks in advance for all of your advices.

Koeynig

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
case fan is simple. cpu heatsink might need some work.
Replacing fans and heatsink should be an easy task to do(I even repaired my laptop cooling system succesfully). I just would like to know if it's really worth the money and also if I lose the 2 year warranty by replacing cooling system.

TRENDING THREADS