[SOLVED] HP Pavilion Gaming versus Asus ROG Strix G15DK ?

liranjp

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
I have those 2 alternatives to buy (will need to buy GPU as well) but I wanna know which one of those is better and are those CPU's good, are they ~ new or they're old already?

ROG Strix G15DK
AMD Ryzen™ 7-3700X Processor 3.6 GHz
16GB DDR4
1TB M.2 NVMe™ PCIe® 3.0 SSD
700W 80 PLUS GOLD PSU
ASUS Prime B450M-K motherboard (I think so)
Price = About 935 $

or

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop
i5-11400F
16GB DDR4
1TB SSD
Intel® RKL H570
Not sure about the PSU (couldn't find details regard it anywhere)
Price = About 780 $

Which one would be better to run games on? I will buy a GPU for those for sure but in terms of CPU,motherboard... i still dont know

I am thinking about getting one of those + adding Asus GeForce GTX 1650 TUF-GTX1650-4GD6.
are the prices are good for what i'm getting? is this GPU good nowdays? which PC is better?

Please send help :)

Last edited:
Solution
Covid. Means simply Everything is over-priced due to shipping, supply and demand, materials and manufacturing issues.

I'd be looking at the ROG. Asus uses an aftermarket asus mobo, aftermarket psu, aftermarket everything, nothing is proprietary in that pc. HP uses primarily proprietary stuff, everything from psu to mobo to connections, so upgrades or even performance can be severely lacking as HP will use the absolute cheapest possible components. Including the bios and windows. Anything in the ROG can be replaced, and doesn't need to be asus either, you could stick a msi motherboard in there if you need to. The HP will require the exact same HP mobo or you'll be also buying a new copy of windows to get out of the HP windows license...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Covid. Means simply Everything is over-priced due to shipping, supply and demand, materials and manufacturing issues.

I'd be looking at the ROG. Asus uses an aftermarket asus mobo, aftermarket psu, aftermarket everything, nothing is proprietary in that pc. HP uses primarily proprietary stuff, everything from psu to mobo to connections, so upgrades or even performance can be severely lacking as HP will use the absolute cheapest possible components. Including the bios and windows. Anything in the ROG can be replaced, and doesn't need to be asus either, you could stick a msi motherboard in there if you need to. The HP will require the exact same HP mobo or you'll be also buying a new copy of windows to get out of the HP windows license.

The Asus can be upgraded to a 5950x without issue, the HP is most likely locked to the 11400f as best, having VRM's that won't handle anything more powerful.

HP makes a good pc, for what it needs to be, it's the 'what else' where it fails. Don't let the 'gaming' in the name fool you, it's as good as it'll ever get right now. The Asus at least can be pushed higher if You need it to.

Solution