Hp Pavilion GPU Upgrade Issue

VerygeneriK

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
So I bought an old hp pavilion p7-1067c with a i5 2400 thinking that I could just pop in a gtx 1050 and it would work but as soon as I installed the graphics card I got stuck on the HP logo screen with a beep pattern that beeps once waits a bit beeps again then beeps three times pretty fast. Ive tried finding secure boot (commonly found to be interfering with gpu compatibility in HP PC's) and disabling it but it seems this model doesn't have the secure boot option. Ive also tried some other unconventional methods but nothing seems to have worked. Also If it isn't possible to use this gpu please let me know asap because I would need to return it to the seller.

Cpu: i5 2400s
Motherboard: Pegatron Carmel uATX Intel H61
PSU: Some terrible 300w seems to work tho
graphics card wanting to be installed: gigabyte gtx 1050 dual fans
HDD: 250gb segate

Solution
3 short beeps = Unable to start flashing (such as when missing a utility or BIOS image)
The GPU messed something up with the bios flash. Pop the card out and test it again. If it doesn't work, your whole system is corrupted.

vezityshock

Proper
May 3, 2018
3 short beeps = Unable to start flashing (such as when missing a utility or BIOS image)
The GPU messed something up with the bios flash. Pop the card out and test it again. If it doesn't work, your whole system is corrupted.

Solution