Hp pavilion hpe h8-1114 graphics card upgrade help.

Feb 26, 2018
So my brother and I have been trying to get into pc gaming. My computer has been completely built, but while trying to be as budget friendly as possible, I managed to overlook something very important. We bought this hp used from someone else assuming we could put a 1050 in it without a problem. The 1050 came today and after a couple minutes of fiddling and looking around, I found out that the motherboard inside of this computer doesn’t support the graphics card. Under my current knowledge, I fear we may have to just start from scratch. Is there any cheap fix to this? I was looking at this motherboard
https://m.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-P8H61-M-PLUS-V3-Original-H61-Motherboard-LGA-1155-uATX-DDR3-I-O-Shield/263038390508?epid=16003230142&hash=item3d3e4f50ec:g:OlkAAOSwd~RZQf3D

Will all of the hardware be compatible with it? And if not...is there any less expensive way to fix this problem other than starting from scratch?

If that won’t work, should I just return the graphics card and put a 680 in it?

Feb 26, 2018

After uninstalling the previous graphics card drivers and putting the 1050 into the motherboard, I turn on the computer and it stays at the initial HP screen telling me to press esc to open start up menu. Pressing esc does nothing and it won’t leave the screen. After looking at other forums about similar hardware, I read that I needed to enable legacy support in the bios and disable secure boot, which isn’t possible to do on the motherboard. I may be missing something, but I don’t know.

TRENDING THREADS